Friday, October 24, 2008

Dick Tracy cares about your hygiene...


Shilling for Proctor and Gamble in 1962, Tracy wants you to not embarrass your dealer by asking him to redeem the coupons without buying the product.  I didn't know you could do that anyway.  Must've been common practice fifty years ago (almost).  
The television cartoon of 1960 must have really loosened up Tracy's image.  It's hard to imagine the same guy who pummeled, shot and pistol-whipped his way through the '30's could use that finger to give the lady in the nice hat a 'no-no'.  Maybe he's just showing the scar he got flinging Flattop around by the nose!  No?  Meh.
Hmm.  Proctor and Gamble? A mystery number coupon sweepstakes contest? 666 maybe?
I am alluding to the P&G controversy about the devilish logo.  I'm glad it was proven false as I wouldn't want Tracy involved in something so scandalous.
Love to get my hands on that Dick Tracy display that Junior is writing about.  
Anybody got one?

No comments: